The_Book_Queen's Reviews > Unbroken

Unbroken by Rachel Caine

The review that follow is a partial review. To read the full review, please visit TBQ's Book Palace!

Cassiel, Luis and Isabella are back, and the struggle for Earth's survival—for humanity's very continuation—is still on going. As the planet is literally pulled apart, destroyed piece by piece, and the Wardens are trying to fight off the Djinn's attacks, another enemy starts to take advantage of the upheaval. Cassiel knows that even if they survive the attacks from the Mother, they won't survive what Pearl has in mind for them. But how can she get the Wardens to believe her and stand against Pearl?

Another thrilling chapter in the action-packed life of Cassiel (former Djinn, now merely human), Unbroken continues the story, adding new twists and turns when I least expected it. This series is anything but simple. Filled with complex characters, complex plots and enough fighting to keep you on your toes, it is a perfect example of urban fantasy at its best!

I was a bit let down by the lack of romance between Cassiel and Luis, but I could (kind of) understand why. After all, when your life, and the lives of everyone else on the planet, is in danger, and the fight for survival is never ending, when do you schedule time for a little something-something with your lover? I would have preferred more from them, but the tension between Luis and Cassiel was pretty high—and with only the smallest spark, they could have went up in flames! As they say, sometimes the build-up can be just as satisfying as the actual event... :)

This review is property of NightOwlReviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unbroken.

25.0% "So much action--I love it, but I really wish Luis and Cassiel would just "get it on" already! LOL. :)"
show 1 hidden update…