Arlene's Reviews > Strangers

Mar 12, 2012

bookshelves: cover-pda, adult, read-2012, rock-stars-need-luv-2
Recommended to Arlene by: Smut Monday Club
Read from March 26 to 27, 2012

Strangers is my first book by Barbara Elsborg and definitely not my last. What a sweet and seductive romance between two unlikely characters that meet in the most desperate of situations.

Kate Snow and Charlie Storm were an explosive pair. I loved their moments together, their witty banter and the deep love that developed between these two that really had me at the edge of my seat. I just knew this relationship stood on the precipice of destruction considering their past and present struggles that led them to the sea to end it all. Kate and Charlie’s love story put me on a sugar high! I loved.loved.loved their moments together, especially their ongoing teasing and light hearted dialog that is forever highlighted and bookmarked on my eReader.

What a perfect read that I’ll probably re-visit a few times because it truly made me laugh with giddy excitement and sigh with heartfelt emotion throughout the entire book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strangers.

03/26/2012
37.0% "I don't want work sick days. I want reading days and books like Strangers is why. It's going to be a long day because all I want to do is read more about Charlie and Kate." 12 comments
03/26/2012
51.0% "It's all fun and games til someone chucks red wine. Grrr... :/" 2 comments
03/26/2012
76.0% "After reading this book I will NEVER want cream in my coffee again. :/" 3 comments

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko I loved this book. It had such a sweet love story.

Arlene It looks really good. Thank you for the rec JJJ. :)

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko There are a few minor issues that happen in the course of the book that might upset you however they didn't me. It is one of my favs. I hope you likey.

message 4: by Arlene (last edited Mar 12, 2012 10:37AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Arlene Thank you for the warning. That helps going in so I'm not blindsided. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko I will be waiting.

Arlene Sure, sure... how did you put it? no sneaking around your eyes??? :P My goal is to sneak in one smut read behind your back before the year is out. I think I can do it. :D

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Oh I will be watching. Lol

Eunice Happy reading, Arlene. Hope you're enjoying this. I might start stalking you too. lol! :))

Arlene LOL Eunice! Stalk away! :) Smut Monday is my favorite day of the week now. :)

Jasprit Happy reading Arlene, this book sounds like its going to be so much fun!!! :)

Arlene You too Jasprit. I'm liking it a lot. :D I hope you are too.

Jasprit Yes I am now that I've finally got over my need to pummel Dick! *sighs* Charlie

Crystal Great review! I loved Charlie and Kate so much! I knew you would finish this one fast!!

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Awesome review. I am glad you enjoyed this one.

Laura You finished! Ugh! I had no time last night! Will catch up and gossip soon! Yay! So happy you liked it! :)

Laura Haha…p.s. I’m a bit scared about your last update and cream in your coffee…. Hehe ;)

Arlene @ Laura. I stood up past 1am reading. I couldn't put it down. Now I feel worthless at work. I need sleep... lots of it right now. LOL

Okay, about the cream. Am I the only one that noticed that? (view spoiler)

Crystal LMAO I shuddered at that too XD I swear authors should find other words to use!!

Laura LOL! :D I did notice that—but I didn’t think or relate it to my coffee. Gross! LOL! Thanks for that—now I won’t look at my coffee the same way! Hehe….

Hey--(view spoiler)

Is it nap time yet? :)

Arlene Right?! That was just not pretty to think about. LOL

Okay, did you crack up in this scene? (view spoiler) Charlie was hilarious! LOL

Crystal OMG that was hilarious!! I cracked up when he said that! I really think their banter was the best I have ever read.

Arlene LOL! Because I'm so sleepy, I'm actually drinking coffee. Is there cream in my coffee you wonder?? I'll never tell. :P

Oh Ethan gave me the creepers! Just wait, more comes of that.

-.- I'm sleeping tonight for 12 hours!

Arlene The horsey, Consuela, nail biting scenes were his best. He made me laugh. A LOT!

Crystal I have banished all cream from my house from now on. ICK!

Ethan yeah Laura just wait *snickers*

You say that now Arlene but what do you have next up on your tbr lol??

Arlene @ Crystal
~sighs~ I'm starting Wander Dust tonight. It looks so good, so maybe I'll read the first 20 pages and go to sleep.

Crystal LMAO! I just love him! This will definitely be a reread for me.

Crystal LOL uh huh =P I hope that one is good. I have it to read but I can't get to it this week.

Arlene I hope so too. We'll see. :)

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko So I am curious what book by this author will you be reading next. None of the stories look as good as Strangers.

message 30: by Arlene (last edited Mar 27, 2012 10:31AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Arlene @ JJJ. I think I'd like to try An Ordinary Girl. I'm not crazy about the cover, but the story sounds interesting.

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko That is the one that interest me as well. I want another good story like Strangers. I think the author is pretty fantastic.

Arlene I think so too. Okay, I think I'm committing. I read that one too. :)

LowDown I've been too wrapped up with stuff but before i get all caught up again, i'd just like to say, FINALLY!!!! My talking you into reading this wasn't futile after all! I'm so glad! Ü the guilt trip near the end did it for me.
An Ordinary Girl has a different twist, a REALLY DIFFERENT TWIST.

I'm going back to my cave now! Love lots!

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Low please don't go back into your cave we miss you!!!

♥Rachel♥ Great review, Arlene. I'm glad you liked it especially after I've (view spoiler) If you liked overall after that, I know it should turn out well. :)

Arlene Thank you Rachel. (view spoiler)

♥Rachel♥ Eeek! That means I'm headed for drama from here out? I'm 59% in.

LowDown JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) wrote: "Low please don't go back into your cave we miss you!!!"

Ugh! I know it's horrible! Things are getting tougher by the minute! :(
I'm sorting things out, quite in the middle of a huge tornado-storm-hail.
I might come out a serial killer! I miss you, too!

Life's being all bitchy and PMS-ing on me! But happy reading to all of you!
Love love Elsborg! Told you 3rd POV isn't that bad, and i did tear up with this book,too! I'm looking for her On the Right Track book. You guys should check that out, too!

Arlene @ Low. Sorry to hear that. :( I hope it all works out for you. Thanks for the Elsborg rec. I'll definitely check it out. :)