Laz the Sailor's Reviews > Restless In The Grave

Restless In The Grave by Dana Stabenow

Mar 12, 12

bookshelves: mystery-thriller
I own a copy

In any long series, it's important to have variety. Some authors just get darker and darker, but Stabenow provides a more refreshing mix. In the previous book, many personal loose-ends were resolved for Kate Shugak. In this book, Kate needs to get out of town (er the Park), and an opportunity is presented. In the process, she meets up with the gang from the Liam Campbell series. There's no pre-amble, so you'd best have read those books too. The mystery is both intricate and straight-forward, with clues showing up just when needed. There is humor here, as with Moses and his Tai Chi, or Mutt and Kate getting trapped not once, but 3 times!
In the end, innocents die, the bad guys get caught, wisdom is shared, and the reader has been on a wild romp through western Alaska. Not the best book in the series, but fun to read. This may be the end of the Liam Campbell series, though Stabenow has killed off important characters before. And I think this will mark a transition for Kate as well. We'll see soon enough.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Restless In The Grave.