Roxanne Kade's Reviews > Wicked Weekend

Wicked Weekend by Gillian Archer

Mar 12, 12

Read on March 10, 2012

I don't read too many Erotica novels ( Not because I have anything against them, my poison of choice just happens to be YA paranormal romances ), but of all those that I have had the pleasure ot reading, Wicked Weekend was by far the best.

A delicious novella about a woman who has to, unfortunately, put up with the fact that her sister is about to marry the hunky co-worker she used to drool over. Lauren made the mistake of introducing her younger, sexier, bitchier sister to the man of her dreams...or so she thought he was.

A joint bachelor/ette weekend away means Lauren has to suffer through the constant lovey-dovey display put on by the soon-to-be-married couple. However, she will soon discover that the weekend doesn't have to be a total disaster. Jamie Forman is just the thing she needs to distract her. He is gorgeous and sexy, and when Jamie shows interest in her, Lauren can hardly believe her luck.

A night of unbridled passion brings out the inner bad girl in Lauren, and she finds herself wanting more than just a single night in the arms of Jamie. The question is, can either of them spend another night together, without wanting more than just a casual weekend of fun?

I loved Lauren! Even though she starts off believing she is not worthy of someone as smouldering as Jamie, she throws caution to the wind and in the process discovers her inner strength. I especially enjoyed Lauren's reaction to her very first encounter with BDSM. Trying to be brave, she is still as scared as hell and her fear of rejection makes her real. I think anyone in her position would feel exactly the same way.

I would recommend this novella to anyone interested in reading BDSM Erotica.The scenes are not as hardcore as some of the books I have read, but they are still deliciously sensual and sexy. I believe it would be a great way to ease a reader into the genre without shocking them.

Thank you to Carina Press for giving me the opportunity to review Wicked Weekend.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Weekend.