♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥'s Reviews > City of Bones

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Mar 11, 2012

bookshelves: my-books
Read from April 15 to 18, 2012

** spoiler alert ** This book was VERY predictable. i figured everything out before it even happened.

Here's what I'd thought would happen, and here's how many things i got right:
1) Jace is Clary's brother.
2) Valentine is Clary and Jace's father.
3) the werewolf's were trying to save her, not kill her in the Vampires lair.
4) Hodge is evil.
5) Luke is a werewolf.
6) Simon is in love with Clary.
7) Luke is in Love with Joycelyn.
8) Jace wouldn't kill his father.

Here's How many i got right:
What do you know! i got all of them right!

-but i still loved this book and would recommend it to anyone who likes fantasy YA novels.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Bones.

Quotes ♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ Liked

Cassandra Clare
“Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?'
Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
..."At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland."
"Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting.”
Cassandra Clare, City of Bones

Cassandra Clare
“Jace?"
"Yeah?"
"How did you know I had Shadowhunter blood? Was there some way you could tell?"
The elevator arrived with a final groan. Jace unlatched the gate and slid it open. The inside reminded Clary of a birdcage, all black metal and decorative bits of gilt. "I guessed," he said, latching the door behind them. "It seemed like the most likely explanation."
"You guessed? You must have been pretty sure, considering you could have killed me."
He pressed a button in the wall, and the elevator lurched into action with a vibrating groan that she felt all through the bones in her feet. "I was ninety percent sure."
"I see," Clary said.
There must have been something in her voice, because he turned to look at her. Her hand cracked across his face, a slap that rocked him back on his heels. He put a hand to his cheek, more in surprise than pain. "What the hell was that for?"
The other ten percent," she said, and they rode the rest of the way down to the street in silence.”
Cassandra Clare, City of Bones