Darkfallen's Reviews > The Rising Moon

Mar 14, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: arc, read-n-reviewed
Read from March 11 to 12, 2012

Oh how I really was looking forward to this book....

First of all the premise, the cover, and the video trailer are simply made of awesome! All these things drew me in and made me want to read this book. Even after I started reading it I still can say that the storyline and the folklore that is woven into the story has great potential.

Like really really great potential...It's just I don't think this book is ready for the world yet. I think is needs to be re-wrote and fleshed out some more because it reads more like an outline which leaves it feeling kind of jumpy and flat. And even though I couldn't finish this novel because of the aforementioned issues I still give it two stars for the potential alone.

Overall in my opinion with a re-write to add a little more flesh to these characters and a good editor this book could be a great read that I would devour, but for now I think it's just not ready to be out in the world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rising Moon.

03/12/2012
38.0% "Ok so I'm trying to wade through this, because I really want to like it, but it's too rough and reads like an outline. A bit choppy and hopping all over the place. I think I might have to throw this one back:("