Jenn's Reviews > White Is for Magic

White Is for Magic by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Mar 15, 12

bookshelves: borrowed-from-friends, reading-challenge-12, young-adult, withcraft-and-wizardry, series, annoying-protagonist, flux
Recommended to Jenn by: Noelle
Read from March 11 to 14, 2012

This one was definitely better than the first and I think I give that credit to Jacob - who is by far the best character to come out of this series so far. I like how the author kept him very secretive literally up until the last minute. I don't think there was really one thing I didn't like about him.

Now, as for everyone else...I like PJ, he's entertaining and always good for a laugh. Amber, I really just don't get. Chad - no comment. Drea - hmph...bitch and worst friend ever (I don't think my opinion of her is ever going to change).

The story line of this book felt a little more suspensful than the first book and I think because it had to deal with Stacey directly and her possible death. I still wish Stacey would grow a backbone though and actually stand up for herself.

Moving onto #3...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Is for Magic.

03/12/2012 page 43
14.0% "Stacey needs to get new friends and not let go of Chad just because Drea is around. Drea is a bitch of a friend for acting how she is."
03/14/2012 page 211
70.0% "Kind of hate everyone in this book right now. Except Jacob...him I kinda like. Everyone else can jump off of a cliff" 5 comments
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Noelle Oh Jacob, be still my heart!

Love him.

Selene Oh my, Jacob. You're right, he really did save this book. And Drea is a bitch, why Stacey is still her friend is a source of constant mystery to me

Jenn Selene wrote: "Oh my, Jacob. You're right, he really did save this book. And Drea is a bitch, why Stacey is still her friend is a source of constant mystery to me"

I agree, Selene. One of my major problems with this series is the fact that Drea is such an unredeemable character

motherofboys247 Amber is just too cliched a character to be believable at all.

Selene motherofboys247 wrote: "Amber is just too cliched a character to be believable at all."

I got that as well, but then again, her cliched-ness also made her a little fun to read. Ok I lie, I only put up with her because of her nails. And maybe her guy jokes.

Selene Jenn wrote: "Selene wrote: "Oh my, Jacob. You're right, he really did save this book. And Drea is a bitch, why Stacey is still her friend is a source of constant mystery to me"

I agree, Selene. One of my major..."

Jenn Selene wrote: "I haven't read past the 2nd book, does she still stay push-off-a-cliff annoying?"

Pretty much. Not a lot of the characters actually change or grow in this series. It was rather frustrating.

Selene Jenn wrote: "Selene wrote: "I haven't read past the 2nd book, does she still stay push-off-a-cliff annoying?"

Well that's disappointing. Only going to keep reading it because I misguidedly bought up to book 4...