Katie's Reviews > The Darlings in Love

The Darlings in Love by Melissa Kantor

Mar 11, 2012

bookshelves: currently-reading

At the moment I'm in the process of reading this. So as a forewarning- I havent finished it and my opinion of it might change if/when i do.
To be honest...I really don't know why i picked up this book. Not that it's bad, but it's not normally the type of books i read. But don't be fooled, I defineley have read my fair share of chick flicks. I would have to say the reason i even checked it out is the backcover. It says nothing more than the three couples; Jack and Victoria, Colin and Natalya, and, Simon and Jane.The fact that i could state those three couples, correctly, by memory, says something about my interest in this book. Between vicoria and Jack, a simple love story, victoria falls in love with an emotional singer/songwriter, but with a twist, in this give/recieve relationsip, is jack giving enough? Then comes Colin and Natalya, Natalya, the brain, and Colin the intriquing, vague boy from a different school. Who engage in romantic Chess games in the park. And last-in my opinion- the most interesting. Simon and Jane. Jane is described as the drama queen on the back cover, and Simon the Greek god. Jane partakes in school plays, and Simon is the hottest thing since Jacob in the twilight movies. But is Simon to good to be true? But best of all, Victoria, Jane, and Natalya are best friends. Do you know what this means? It means the book switches back and forth between the three of their love lives and problems. Meaning i have to consult the back cover every 2 pages to see who is who. Trust me, THAT gets really annoying. So far, this book isn't bad,isn't my favorite, and defineley isn't for everyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darlings in Love.