Judy's Reviews > Then Came You

Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner

Mar 11, 12

liked it
Read in March, 2012

I had a few minutes early this afternoon and thought that I would start Jennifer Weiner's new book--especially since it's due back to the library in a few days. I was hooked by the story so quickly that I finished the book before dinner. I just never found a place where I thought "okay, I'll put this down now and come back to it later." Four women from different geographic locations and economic circumstances find their lives intersect in the most unusual way. Jules, a senior at Princeton, needs money to send her father to rehab. Annie is happily married with two children, but money is tight and the bills are mounting. India has married an older, extremely wealthy man and she desperately wants a baby, and Bettina wants to protect her father from India, her step-mother. How these women becomes involved with each other unfolds slowly and hooks the reader into each of their lives. All I'm going to say is that it involves eggs, surrogates, the limits of responsibility and the meaning of family.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Then Came You.