Debbie's Reviews > All These Things Shall Give Thee Experience

All These Things Shall Give Thee Experience by Neal A. Maxwell

Mar 11, 2012

Read in March, 2012

This was an incredibly well written book. I listened to it on cd and loved hearing Neil A Maxwell's voice once again. There were times I had to rewind a sentence over and over again just to comprehend all that he says in such a few words. He teaches pure doctrine that illuminates so very brightly through the darkness that mortality can sometimes create.

Some of my most favorite points were:
1:The with holding of key communications can be even more serious than with holding one's material substance. Food and rainment can sometimes be supplied by others. (I loved the 9 important rules of giving and receiving such weighty communications)

2. "If your lips can keep from slips, 5 things observe with care: To whom you speak, of whom you speak, and how and when and where." William Edward Norris

3.We must learn to follow the brethren in the small things so we can follow them in the large things. Sometimes however the little things are the big things.

4.Every form of control except self control seems to be increasing and yet obedience rests on self control.

And the 6 typical things that get in the way of following the brethren. What he has to say is easily applied.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All These Things Shall Give Thee Experience.