Brittany's Reviews > Dreaming Awake

Dreaming Awake by Gwen Hayes

Mar 13, 12

bookshelves: mythology

Dreaming Awake is such a satisfying sequel. I can't help but be impressed with the style of writing, it's absolutely beautiful and has this ominous undertone about it. Her words fill your senses so effortlessly that you forget you're reading a book, you feel like you're apart of the story. Every page brings with it a highly detailed scene that comes to life without feeling like its been weighed down by details. It's a story that is dripping with darkness so intense that it locks you in its embrace, surrounds you, leaving you breathless. The opening line in the book, I feel also perfectly sums up my opinion of it... "Danger doesn't always greet with bared fangs. Sometimes it seduces with a willowy caress, a sigh of pleasure, and then turns carnivorous with whipcrack intensity."
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreaming Awake.

Quotes Brittany Liked

Gwen Hayes
“Just remember, a dark shadow need light to exist but light doesn't need darkness to be luminous.”
Gwen Hayes, Dreaming Awake

Gwen Hayes
“Danger doesn't always greet with bared fangs. Sometimes it seduces with a willowy caress, a sigh of pleasure, and then turns carnivorous with whipcrack intensity.”
Gwen Hayes, Dreaming Awake