Sasha's Reviews > Let the Sky Fall

Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger

Mar 11, 2012

bookshelves: 2013-debut-author, simon-and-schuster, young-adult, mythology, read-in-2012-favorites, read-in-2012, 2013-publication, dual-pov
Read from July 01 to 02, 2012

Let the Sky Fall combines the swoonworthiness of Melina Marchetta’s On the Jellicoe Road with the action and heroism of Kristin Cashore’s Graceling.

You know what I really loved about Let the Sky Fall? It felt so fresh. Air Elementals?! So creative. Shannon Messenger built up the world of these Sylphs and I was caught up in it. Is it High Fantasy? Definitely not, more like Urban – and I loved it! Action packed and intense – full of suspense from the very first chapter – I loved every page. And the dual POVs helped to see inside the heads of both characters – though I seemed to enjoy Vane more than Audra. She had a bit of a Katniss-get-the-job-done-Everdeen feel in the beginning, and I like my heroines to be a little bit softer than that.

Speaking of Audra and Vane – they have an amazing amount of chemistry that seemed to lift off the pages (haha, pun totally not intended) and I haven’t seen that kind of spark between characters for a while. The last book that I can recall doing that was On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta.

Bottom line: If you’re reading our blog, you’ll want to read this book

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let the Sky Fall.

07/01/2012 page 218
52.0% "so. flippin. good." 5 comments
07/01/2012 page 227
55.0% "SAH-WOON. Swoonalicious? Swoontastic!"
10/20/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela How'd you snag of copy of this - paper ARC or e-galley? It sounds so good that I want to try to find a copy for myself. :)

Sasha Hey Angela! A friend of mine let me borrow her paper ARC. And omgsh YES, you *want* to find a copy for yourself. It's amazing. :)

message 3: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela Your many descriptions of its swoon level in one of your updates is what pulled me in. I'll keep an eye out for it! :)

Melannie :) EHHH?! "combines the swoonworthiness of Melina Marchetta's On the Jellicoe Road with the action and heroism of Kristin Cashore's Graceling." omg how is that possible?! *must get an ARC*

Sasha You definitely want to read this one, Melannie! :)

message 6: by Kaeley (new) - added it

Kaeley Scruggs Finally, someone else who isn't reviewing Graceling AND has heard of it!

Devyani Did you...did you just say Marchetta?
Goota.have.this.book :D

Natalie (Natflix&Books) Oh, good. I literally just picked this up from the library.

message 9: by ww (new) - rated it 4 stars

ww Those two books you mention in the first line completely grabbed my attention, because I LOVE THEM. Having just finished Let the Sky Fall, I wanted to see what other people thought and compare it to my own feelings. Your comment is very high praise and makes me think that I may have missed something crucial whilst reading. =)