Katie(babs)'s Reviews > Gone Girl

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Aug 28, 12

Read from August 28 to 29, 2012

This book is disturbing and warped, the main characters deranged. Since I can't say anymore in fear of revealing all, these lovely GIFS will explain how I feel:

The ending though was:

funny gifs

But in all one of the best books I've read this year. A must read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone Girl.

08/28/2012 page 300
72.0% "Hitchcock would approve of this book. The twists, turns and reveals has me dying to get to the end but don't want to read too fast." 6 comments
08/28/2012 page 380
91.0% "Wowzers. Just got real."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kmont (new)

Kmont Excellent GIF review! Bravo! *clappity*

Katie(babs) Jenny wrote: "Curious to hear your thoughts on this one. For me, it was freakishly addictive."

I was hooked! The ending not so and made me go WTF?

Katie(babs) Kmont wrote: "Excellent GIF review! Bravo! *clappity*

But don't you just hate it when the end doesn't wrap it all up satisfactorily? Pout."

yes the ending was.... yes... hmm.. must not spill...

Katie(babs) Jenny wrote: "I know. It's so hard to talk to someone about this book when they haven't read it. The slightest little slip could spoil it. Despite the...odd, slightly disappointing ending, I freakin' loved it. I..."

and I'm the type who reads the ending! Good thing I had this on my Kindle. I had no idea how anything wold turn out. Amazing book overall.

Katie(babs) Jenny wrote: "That's the only reason I took off a star was the ending."

I so wanted XYZ to happen to... arg can't say.

Katie(babs) Jenny wrote: "And for something so serious, there were some laugh out loud moments in it too."

Almost a dark comedy in a way. I'd love to see the movie when it comes out.

Katie(babs) Jenny wrote: "I'm pretty sure they've sold the rights already. But then she sold the rights to Dark Places too, and I have yet to hear anything on a movie version.

Have you read either of her other books?"

Reece Witherspoon bought the rights. She'd perfect as Amy!

Are her other books like this one?

Katie(babs) Jenny wrote: "They're all dark stories with very unlikable main characters, from what I've gleaned from her website and other reviews. But still brilliant books apparently. She has a really interesting page on h..."

I must glom all her work now! Glom nom.

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Love the bird and cat gif! The girl is very disturbing. Seems a good book...will add! :o)