Sarah Hayes's Reviews > D.Gray-man, Volume 21: The Awakening of Alma Karma

D.Gray-man, Volume 21 by Katsura Hoshino

Mar 14, 12

bookshelves: manga-wha-hua
Read from March 11 to 14, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I honestly do not know what to make of this most recent volume of D.Gray-man except that holy shit, Kanda, even your issues have issues. Hot sexy skinny super-powered issues with a whole lot of ho yay and foe yay between the both of em. Err. Ahem. Aside from that, Katsura Hoshino manages to cram a whole lot of something into one single volume, which in the hands of any manga-ka would quickly become a hot mess of confusion and artistic frenzies. In Hoshino's hands, it only becomes a slightly better than most volume of confusion and artistic frenzies.

Let’s be honest. If you are still struggling to follow the wibbley wobbly plotty wotty line of this story, volume 21 is going to infuriate you. Unless you are like me, who has decided to keep calm and forget about following a dang thing over just following the pretty art and angsty characters.

The full review of D.gray-man book 21 will soon be up at my blog here: http://nagareboshi-reviews.blogspot.com/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read D.Gray-man, Volume 21.