Jess's Reviews > Summer Nights

Summer Nights by Susan Mallery

Mar 11, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, net-galley, susan-mallery
Read from May 10 to 11, 2012

This was another great edition to the Fools Gold series. It featured Shane (brother of Rafe from the previous book) and Annabelle (the local librarian). Annabelle is trying to raise money so that she could buy a bookmobile to use to travel to some of the residents of Fool's Gold who are shut ins. To do this, she has been asking for donations and has also agreed to participate in a parade that will help donate more money for the library. Now all she needs to do is learn to ride a horse, then learn how to make said horse dance. Not too much to worry about! Enter Shane, horse whisperer. He agrees to help Annabelle when he hears she's a local librarian (in his mind this means buttoned up - and boring), but what he doesn't know is that he has already met Annabelle. On one of his first nights in Fool's Gold he was in the local bar and witnessed Annabelle dancing on a bar. Although he was attracted to her, he felt she was too much like his ex-wife and wanted nothing to do with her, but fate had another thing in mind.

This book was just another great reason why I adore this series so much. It had a little bit of everything that I enjoy in a romantic comedy book. There was a quirky female character who does some rather insane things and then there's the charming male hero who makes some mistakes here and there but in the end does what he needs to do to make things right in the end. In addition there was the great cast of side characters who are all quirky and entertaining. I loved seeing how past people are doing in their new lives since we last saw them featured in their own book. The plot was entertaining and one thing I really enjoyed was watching the menagerie grow even larger. Being an animal lover myself it warms my heart to read books that have animal friendly people in it.

Can't wait for the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer Nights.