Ro's Reviews > Barely Breathing

Barely Breathing by Rebecca Donovan

May 02, 12

Read in May, 2012

I have patiently been waiting for book two to come out. So today when I got home from work I immediately downloaded Barely Breathing. If you think the first one was better, well it was. But, Barely Breathing has a way of fitting all the puzzle pieces together. You know a book is amazing when you constantly scream at the character for their stupidity then applaud them for their courage.

In Barely Breathing new characters are introduced. If you've read book one and are hoping to see where ended at the beginning of book two then you'll be sorely disappointed. You don't find out what exactly happened that night (in Reason to Breathe) until halfway through the book (although you do get a glimpse with tiny flashbacks every once in awhile)

Let's just say, In Barely Breathing, Donovan once again delivers with the angst, the drama and did I say angst? The plot starts with Emma and her friends continuing their senior year. We learn from chapter one that Emma decides to live with her birth mother. At first, it seems like any typical mother-daughter relationship trying to patch up years of bonding. Through the middle of the book you find out that there's more to Emma's birth mother than meets the eye. THAT coupled with a few new character looking to come between Emma and Evan's relationship is enough to want you to tear your hair out–in a good way :)

And the ending? Well, let's just say it'll leave you wanting for more. I can't wait to see how Book 3 hopefully unfolds.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Barely Breathing.