Michaela's Reviews > Possession

Possession by Elana Johnson

Mar 11, 12

Read on March 10, 2012

** spoiler alert ** From the very beginning I was entranced. It just keeps going and going and as soon as you know it, your on page 90. Finished Possession in a matter of hours.
You basically discover something you didn't know every chapter and have to piece everything together. I'm not going to say anymore because the book pretty much speaks for itself. It's mysterious and exciting. Wonderful and heartbreaking. Especially the end. When she can't remember Jag...

Possession is about a girl named violet who lives in a world controlled by Directors who basically want to use people like Violet (who have powers) to mind control the people into being "good." Anyways, she gets into trouble for the eighth, or as the directors thing seventh, time. They put her in a cell with Jag who is from the Badlands. Turns out he isn't so bad, he lives to be how he wants to be without the Directors mind controlling him.
Eventually the two escape prison. And end up falling for each other.

Hunger Games came to mind when I read this, but there are no fighting arenas. In fact, I'm not sure why Hunger Games came to mind. But I like both books.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Possession.