Luciana's Reviews > The Dig

The Dig by Audrey Hart

F 50x66
Mar 15, 2012

Read on March 11, 2012

** spoiler alert ** So, here we are, with a another book about Greek Mithology (I really like mithology, so that's something that motivated me to read this book) and no, these gods are not the ones that we know: They are ALL teenagers. Hell, Hermes is a woman! & the main character, Zoe, I liked her. Because, I have things in common with her. & I loved the fact that she could control the earth.

But let's go on parts. Firt, the gods & goddesses.
Like I said, they are all teenagers with powers thanks to a super-cool rock (I don't remember its name now). They consider themselves superior than the humans that praise them, well, almost all. Zeus is the guy that is down-to-earth, he doesn't think he's superior than the rest and he's really a nice guy. And hot, according to Zoe. I wish we could have known more about them, but maybe we'll know in the rest of the trilogy. I'm looking foward to that.

Second, the main character: Zoe.
I liked her, she's the kind of girl that I am, so I think that's why I relate to her. She likes reading, she's reserved and she's not good with social stuff. And she's strong. And she can control the earth. With her mind. How awesome is that?
But, I got the impression that when she sees Zeus for the first time, she's kind of obsessed. I know that he's hot and there's attraction between them, but that thing... I don't know, I didn't like it. Or maybe it was just me.

The book is well paced. It's not like that at the end of the first chapter Zoe's already in Ancient Greece. It takes time to see how all of this happens (btw, a big iPhone? Wtf?) and that's why the book hooked me all the time. I wanted to see what happen next.

In the end, it's a really good book. Entertaining. Four stars, but, seeing that the cover is too awesome to ignore, four stars and a half is the rating.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dig.