Meredith's Reviews > A Certain Wolfish Charm

A Certain Wolfish Charm by Lydia Dare

Aug 03, 13

bookshelves: dnf, english-historical, paranormal, romance

Great idea, terrible execution. Not sure if this is my first book by this author or not, but she seems to change the character's personalities whenever she needs the plot to go a certain way.

It started out good: Duke of Slut with wolfish tendancies, proper and determined heroine, teenage ward with a secret.

Then it all went to hell--first, can people please stop doing the "Duke of Slut suddenly sees the one and becomes monogomous" thing? I get the whole "reformed rake" but he went from "slut" to "reformed" in about three seconds. Not to mention the heroine seemed to be "yay, he's reformed" rather than "oh, give me a break."

The heroine started out likeable but all of a sudden she changed from that to "I love him" (still didn't see why, this happened really fast) and "I want to catch him as a husband" in about three seconds. Again, who wants to marry an angry, pushy Duke of Slut? She also started out as a staunch defender of her ward, then it was "oh I swore I wouldn't leave him here but I must leave" and that's about the point I gave up.

Skip this one; not worth your time or frustration.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Certain Wolfish Charm.