Xela's Reviews > Notorious

Notorious by Cecily von Ziegesar

U_50x66
Mar 11, 12

Although the sequel to The It Girl wasn't as intense and fast-paced as its predecessor, it still held the guilty charm that all of the It Girl books seem to hold (on second thought, that all gossipy, fashion books seem to hold). I didn't particularily like Tinsley's arrival or her attitude (but who does?) but I suppose that's the way we're supposed to see her. In that case, the author did a great job of portraying the Queen Bee as the self-centered, twisted girl she is.
As Jenny and Brett's friendship continues to grow, I find myself liking some characters more than I did at the beginning of the first book. Brett, for instance. I wasn't sure I liked her having such a large role in Notorious, but the fact that she made up for all her shallow idiocy from before made her a much better character. The fact that all the girls (with the exception of Tinsley and her beng a soulless shell of a person) now have shown a weakness makes them all that much more tolerable, even Callie, who I find myself caught between liking and being disgusted by.
The end of the book wasn't very powerful, but it wasn't anti-climactic either. It will make an interesting opening to the third book. Looking forward to it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Notorious.