Jo Anne B's Reviews > Autumn: Purification

Autumn by David Moody

Mar 11, 12

Read in March, 2012

"The balance of our world has been changed forever. Mankind is being cleansed from the face of the planet. Purification has begun."

I read this book right after the second one and enjoyed this one a lot more. This time Michael and Emma were in it from the get go and the book was all about getting to the place that could give them all a future.

There are more characters introduced who have some handy skills and knowledge but we still have Michael, Emma, Cooper, Donna, Armitage, and Croft. We learn from the new characters what caused this all to happen in the first place and the bodies keep changing. They are more aggressive and are an increasing threat on the security of the survivors.

There are more situations in this book compared to the others where the bodies are coming after the surviors, so there was a bit more heart pounding scenarios that made for a great read. We are really vested in several of these characters now and are rooting for them throughout this book. There are some choke up moments in this one as well.

Once again, Moody stays true to how the events would play out if this were to really happen. It is very believable and realistic. That is what sets this series by Moody apart from other zombie books and makes these more scary. It is like we are getting a glimpse of what is going to happen to is on the future and it ain't pretty. I thought Moody came up with the perfect ending to this third book as well. He left a lot of questions and makes you wonder and think about it even after you have finished reading it.

Highly recommend this series to anyone who likes zombie books or books about human nature in general.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Autumn.