Hal Lambert's Reviews > Bleach Volume 01: Strawberry and the Soul Reapers

Bleach Volume 01 by Tite Kubo

Mar 13, 12

Read on October 18, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 3

Bleach is a tale about Ichigo Kurosaki, who is just like any other ordinary 15-year-old high school student except that he can see ghosts. A girl, Rukia shows up in his house claiming that she's hunting a hallow (evil spirit that eats souls), which is her job as a Soul Reaper to stop. The Hollow proceeds to attack Ichigo's family and Rukia is badly injured. In order to defeat the Hallow, Rukia must let Ichigo temporarily become a Soul Reaper by absorbing some of her energy. Well somehow Ichigo gains all her powers and is forced to take over for her job until she can get her powers back. He turns into a very bad ass ghost buster in every sense of the word. Now every time Ichigo transforms since this , an epic guitar solo goes off in my head, I have never gotten into a manga quite like i got into this one. Every fight scene a master piece, every mind fuck a holy shit mother fucker. As with most mangas there are some weird characters that take a while to get used to but then you end up loving them. A long series for sure and well worth the price tag this will be one series I will keep for years come. highly recommend to any manga fan.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bleach Volume 01.