Siaw Hui's Reviews > Twenties Girl

Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella

F_50x66
Mar 11, 12

Part of me thinks that I loved this book because it reminds me of Cecilia Ahern's books hmm..

Regardless, after the disappointment that was Mini Shopaholic, this puts Kinsella back on my to-read list again. This was such a silly book but I couldn't help loving it because it had its fair share of moments that made my heart melt.

I loved Lara as a character; she is a bit naive but she has such a great heart that you can't help but empathetically cringe in embarassment with her when she mucks up and puts herself on the line either for herself or for the sake of Sadie. As for Sadie, I started off disliking her but as the story wore on and bits of her life story started to unravel, I began to understand her more and ended up rooting for her at the end.

Most of all, I loved the little poignant back stories that Kinsella wove for her main characters; they were such gems that after reading them my esteem for that particular character went up and I started investing more heavily in him/her. And as always, Kinsella does a great job at dropping such funny situations throughout the book that I swear my neighbours think they're living next to a lunatic who spent all afternoon alone going 'OHMYGOSH THAT"S SOO GOOD!!" and then bursting into manical laughter soon after. I also loved the journey of self-discovery that both Lara and Sadie went on; it's one of those books that I closed with a big grin on my face and a sense of satisfaction weighing on my chest.

Overall, if you're looking for a serious read, don't pick this up because you will be disappointed! If you are looking for a fun, light and silly read or if you love Ceclia Ahern's writing, be sure to pick it up and you'd walk away from its ending with a goofy smile on your face like I did! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twenties Girl.