Tanja Berg's Reviews > You Shall Never Know Security

You Shall Never Know Security by J.R.  Hamantaschen

Mar 11, 2012

bookshelves: horror
Read on March 11, 2012

This being a collection of short stories, they are of varying quality. However, most of them were refreshingly original with a mixture of the cruel and the funny. I read two thirds of the book in one sitting as it was a bit like a box of mixed pralines - the one you just got through was delicious, and what might the next one be?

There were a few irritations along the way. Spelling mistakes such as "what would you like here" and "along time ago". Then there was the incessant use of German, "Gedankenexperiment", "verboten" and such like where I saw no reason to not just use English. The one German word I found appropriate to use, "Schadenfreude" - taking pleasure in other's misfortune - was spelled incorrectly (scheudenfreude). This is nitpicking however. The stories are intelligent and the author's vocabulary unusually extensive. Occassionally the stories were unapologetically vulgar, which suited me just fine. This is certainly not a collection for the faint of heart.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Shall Never Know Security.

03/11/2012 page 161