Shomeret's Reviews > Acadian Redemption: From Beausoleil Brossard to the Queen's Royal Proclamation

Acadian Redemption by Warren A. Perrin

Mar 10, 12

bookshelves: kindle, history, worldcat-reviews, my-reviews

This is a set of materials that relate to the Acadian resistance fighter Beausoleil Broussard, the history of Acadia, the expulsion from Acadia, the Broussard family, the Cajuns of Lousiana and the petition for an apology from the British Crown for the expulsion of the Acadians from Canada. Not all of these materials were written by Warren A. Perrin. In addition to historical documents that are included as part of the text, there are also parts of the book written by others.

Warren Perrin is a descendant of Beausoleil who is an Acadian rights activist and an attorney. He is the one who petitioned the British Crown for an apology. The result was a day commemorating the expulsion beginning in 2005.

I was impressed with the thoroughness of the documentation and the author's dedication, but there was some repetition which indicated to me that more editing was needed.

There was a mention of an investigation to determine who was responsible for the Acadian expulsion. I read John Mack Farragher's book about the Acadian expulsion and got the impression that parties south of the Canadian border were heavily implicated.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Acadian Redemption.