Maghon Thomas's Reviews > Heart's Chalice

3382002
Mar 13, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, paranormal, review-4-author
Read from March 10 to 12, 2012 — I own a copy

synopsis: Destiny rarely gives a woman a second chance at love, especially not with a man who died twenty years ago. Laurel is pulled to an alternate reality where her beloved still lives. She desperately wants to remain, but every shift between realities damages her body further, and her soon-to-be-ex will stop at nothing to shackle her to a life she despises.

First I need to thank the author for giving me a copy to read for a review. If you like forms of time travel or multi-demensional, this is for you. It's a whole new light on what it takes to get your happy ending. First, this book makes me quite mad!! NOT because it's not a good book, or well written, but because the independent woman in me wants Laurel to stand up and not blindly follow what people tell her! lol I know, you should trust your mother and husband, but dammit girl, your decisions made me crazy. However, it's a perfect example of the consequences of the choices you make. I do love that Laurel tries to see the good in everyone, but reality says that's not always true. And without her choices, she wouldn't be who she is, so ya know, it is what it is. This book is well written, flows quite nicely, and is so very interesting that I couldn't help but get into it. And the fun part is the psychic visions are so interesting! It's a little more romance based that I usually read but it's a lovely paranormal romance or maybe fantasy romance is better to discribe, but it's still a good one. 3 paws from me!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart's Chalice.