Any Length's Reviews > The Stress First Aid Kit: A Series of Meditations for Transforming Your Mental and Emotional State

The Stress First Aid Kit by Tricia Brennan

F 50x66
Dec 28, 13

bookshelves: discarded

I put this book on a new shelf I made up and called "discarded". It's been such an annoying meditation book that I really needed first aid. In meditation tapes there is one rule. You allow the meditating person to catch up with your words and allow the words to settle into the person's mind. This is an audio book and the person who reads it starts speaking too early every time. There is not enough of a pause between sentences to take in what you have heard. In track one she encourages the meditator to repeat after her, then reads out a rather lengthy sentence. Three quaters through you trying to repeat the sentence she reads out the next lengthy sentence. And again three quater through comes the next sentence. I found myself hurrying up to finish in time. Then wondered "Hello, am I meditating here or am I on a timed schedule?"
Did she even once think about, "Hey did I leave enough time for people to actually repeat my sentence?" because the answer would have been a big fat NO.
I persisted almost to the end of track one, then tried several other tracks. No better I am afraid. So this book goes unfinished in the "not worth listening to bin" and on my discarded shelf.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stress First Aid Kit.