Deb's Reviews > Mindset: The New Psychology of Success

Mindset by Carol S. Dweck

Mar 10, 12

Read in July, 2010

*A change of mind*

If there ever was an instruction book on how to do life better, this would be it. And, doing life better requires a change of mindset from a fixed to a growth-oriented one. When we live life with a fixed mindset, abilities and talents seem set in stone, and success and failures define who we are--or are not. On the other hand, when we adopt a growth mindset, we are constantly revising ourselves and successes and failures simply guide the way. As Carol herself summarizes:
"When people--couples, coaches and athletes, managers and workers, parents and children, teachers and students--change to a growth mindset, they change from a judge-and-be-judged framework to a learn-and-help-learn framework." (p. 238)
An effective mix of research, case studies, and self disclosures, _Mindset_ is as informative as it is encouraging. Think of it as an innovative toolbox for rebuilding, revising, and reengaging in strategies for living fully. It is one of those books that changes the way you view--and do--life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mindset.