Donovan's Reviews > Faerie Tale

Faerie Tale by Raymond E. Feist

Mar 10, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, horror
Read in September, 2006

I had read a fair bit of Feist's other works before I read this and it is a step in a different direction to what I was used to - still, I enjoyed it. As I like fantasy and horror, I found this to be quite a fun read. It's not as heavy as some of the other horror I have read and is quite soft in comparison. Having said that, it was a book I found hard to put down and I read it in a matter of days. It will probably appeal to the younger audience and those that like the stories about fairies with a slight twist on the usual content.

Plot ***Spoilers***
Phil Hastings and his family have just moved back to his hometown for some much needed peace and quiet from the Hollywood scene. As Phil's twins, Sean and Patrick, soon discover, there is more to their new home than was expected. Gloria, their mother, senses something, but simply dismisses her concern as stress from their recent move. Gabbie, their older half-sister, meets the man of her dreams, but also is tempted by other men. Deep in the woods, The Bad Thing and his Master are ready to break free of the centuries old compact made to keep the Faerie world and the Human world at peace. Only through believing the insane and impossible can they save both worlds from colliding again.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faerie Tale.