Alan's Reviews > Darth Plagueis

Darth Plagueis by James Luceno

Mar 10, 12

Read in March, 2012

James Luceno weaves a tale of the Dark Side of the Force from 67 years before the Battle of Yavin through the Battle of Naboo.

To be completely candid, only fairly serious fans of Star Wars will "get this" - everyone else won't be very successful in making sense of what's going on.

I won't give away any books spoilers, but what I will say is that if you've wondered about the origins of Senator Palpatine/Darth Sidious, Darth Maul, Count Dooku, Nute Gunray, and Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas, as well as how Amidala became Queen of the Naboo, and why there are always only two Sith Lords, then this is the book for you. An alternative title for the book could actually be "Star Wars: Darth Plageuis (Episode 0).

The book sort of dragged for me at first, but once it started to introduced characters I was more familiar with things picked up and rolled right along.

All in all I'd say that I'm glad I read the book...it provided interesting insights into the preliminaries leading up to the Battle of Naboo and the emergence of Darth Sidious, Darth Maul, and hints of Darth Vader.

4 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darth Plagueis.