Heather in FL's Reviews > Mystery Man

Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley

I really, really liked this. Every time I thought the book was winding down, something else would happen. And other than cringing at a few misused words -- really...there's a whole in the blanket? -- and a few missing commas, it didn't ultimately get in the way of the story for me. I have an inner red pencil that won't quit, but I was forewarned. I found it a little bit ironic that the main character is a book editor.

I laughed out loud several times. I got tired of everyone... EVERYONE... calling each other "babe". That's just not how my friends and I speak, but whatever. :-) That said, Hawk's one word "babe" responses would crack me up.

My heart was breaking for them when Gwen was being "a selfish cow". But I kind of don't really fault her for that. I think she had every right to feel ripped apart... so did he based on what he went through. And yes, his was worse. But that doesn't really take away everything she was feeling, you know? And I loved the epilogue.

Definitely a good several alpha men in this one. I'll have to continue with this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mystery Man.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

KindleRomance Reviews Nice review! I love the comment about the "inner red pencil". LOL!

Heather in FL Lol... it really doesn't rest! In some cases, it will cause me to give a negative review, but in this case, it was just a few repeated mistakes and the story really overcame them.