Tammy Walton Grant's Reviews > The Sheik's Captive

The Sheik's Captive by Violet Winspear

Mar 13, 12

bookshelves: 2012-march, cheesy-harlequins, cheesy-70s-books, for-karla, harley-hell-2012, romance-contemporary, romance-harlequin, tropes-revenge, kindle-or-ebook, romance-old-skool
Recommended for: Anyone who loves old bodice rippers
Read from March 09 to 13, 2012 — I own a copy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sheik's Captive.

03/10/2012
11.0% ""One look at you tells me all I need to know about your attitude towards women - even if I weren't a Ronay I doubt if I'd escape unmolested from your hands!"

"My Arab hands? If you've had details of what Arabs do to white women, then what were you doing riding alone in the desert? Perhaps you were looking for an amorous encounter with one of my kind, eh? A brown skinned barbarian who would throw you...(con't)

" 5 comments
03/11/2012
14.0% ""It is the law of the desert." The girl gave Diane a curious look. "Is it different among your people, sitt? Does it not matter to a European man if a girl has lain with other men before her marriage?"

"It has become a rather outmoded custom in some European countries," Diane admitted. "But I must say that in France it's still considered proper for a girl to keep her chastity."

" 2 comments
03/12/2012 page 79
42.0% ""Petty?" she breathed. "You want to ruin my life and you call it that? You haven't an ounce of mercy in you - you're every inch the sort who expects a woman to kiss the hand you strike her with."

"I don't feel like striking you, little one...I had all but forgotten what it felt like to hold in my arms a girl of profound modesty - pure as the driven snow. Struggle, my bint, it makes a pleasing change..."

" 3 comments
03/12/2012
65.0% ""Take her to the harem," the Sheik ordered. "This one is a wildcat who has to be taught how to be a woman. Place her in the custody of Lana Hathaya, and ensure that she can't get her hands on anything with a cutting edge."

"You brute - you son of a devil! You can't do this to me -" But it was happening, and all the Sheik did was as she was borne away by the powerful moor was to smile briefly."

" 21 comments