mw138's Reviews > Harrier's Healer

Harrier's Healer by Aliyah Burke

Mar 10, 12

bookshelves: interracial-romance, military, angst-hurt-comfort, m-f-romance
Read on March 10, 2012 — I own a copy

Navy SEAL, Scott Leighton, first met Naval Doctor, Alexis Rogets, two years ago and hasn't been able to get her out of his mind since. They occasionally cross paths, but she always avoids him. Determined, Scott sets out to make Alexis his, once and for all.

I really wanted to like this book. I enjoyed the first book in the Megalodon Team series and hoped this one would be as good if not better. Unfortunately, that was not the case for me. I found Alexis to be frustrating, childish and annoying. The one bright spot in the book was Scott. He was so loving, passionate, protective and all around great. With all of those wonderful attributes, Alexis just refused to believe that Scott loved her, wanted to be with her AND was only interested in her. It was okay for her to hear bits and pieces of conversations and jump to conclusions, but the one moment he did, it was a catastrophic event with her storming away and leaving him to berate himself.

So often throughout this book, I hoped Scott would just stop pursuing Alexis and find a woman who wasn't so fickle and flighty; one who could actually return his feelings without a bunch of games and back and forth struggle. I understood that their jobs within the Navy and their rankings were an issue, but Alexis took it to the extreme.(view spoiler)

I will try to read the next book in the series. Hopefully it will be better, but I already sense a pattern with these books(view spoiler). We'll see.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harrier's Healer.