Emily's Reviews > Amy and Roger's Epic Detour

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Mar 17, 12

bookshelves: adventure, bildungsroman, chick-lit, quest, romance, young-adult
Read in March, 2012

3.5 stars, probably.

Star rating lowered for the author half-assing at least a couple of the destinations visited. I didn't notice until Matson hit the east coast, but once I did, I started worrying that she'd been faking it all along. It seems to me that she could have done at least a little, tiny bit of research on each of Amy and Roger's stops, maybe at the very least checked out their Wikipedia pages. Richmond is not some small town with a generic main street and a single Dairy Queen, for instance. And there's nothing, NOTHING by Richmond's Greyhound Station that would inspire (view spoiler).

Still, I thought this was a better than average road-trip book and a good dealing with grief book and a very good romance. A pleasant and engaging read all around, especially if you aren't familiar with/invested in any of the locations visited.

Is it too much to hope that there's not a sequel coming? I loved the open-ended conclusion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amy and Roger's Epic Detour.