Kimberly Hicks's Reviews > Pedophilia: A Cause and A Cure

Pedophilia by Steve Mizera

Jun 05, 12

bookshelves: read-on-kindle
Read from April 29 to May 06, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

As much as I would have liked to give a higher rating than the two stars I've given it, this book was downright horrible to read--and not because of the content on which it was based.

First, let me start off by saying I was under the impression that this book was going to give insight into the heart and mind of a pedophile, and all I came away with was Mr. Mizera's job history and the love he had for the Russian family he's introduced to later on through the book.

The chapters were entirely too long, and extremely redundant. The only insight I gained from this book is pretty much what I already knew about pedophiles, and, in my opinion, there was nothing new added. There really isn't a cause nor a cure, which was one of the reasons I chose to read this book because I thought it was going to offer something I hadn't already known, but unfortunately, that's not what I got.

To devote several pages on the different types of pedophilia from Wikipedia isn't my idea of adding anything new or interesting. Anyone can do that! To discuss each and every job you've literally held throughout your life with such detail which spanned over a voluminous amount of pages had absolutely nothing to do with the sickness Mr. Mizera possesses.

At the very least I was extremely disappointed and happy that my downloaded Kindle version wasn't that expensive, otherwise I think I'd be even more critical. There were entirely too many typos and for one of the chapters to be based on a Newspaper he used to write with a friend of his, it makes me wonder just how much education did he actually have in journalism?

The only thing that qualified this book as being one is the fact there were words written, but what they said didn't mean much in the way of this true story. I was highly disappointed and I would not recommend reading this at all.

The beginning of the book starts off strong, and before you get to about 20% of the book, it begins to go flat and becomes redundant. This story was a huge let down for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pedophilia.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Chris I agree with you completely.