Jennifer's Reviews > The Final Hour

The Final Hour by Andrew Klavan

May 22, 12

Read from May 17 to 22, 2012

Despite the large amount of recapping (which is in every book and has always prevented me from giving the books a full five stars), it was an amazing end to he series. The very last chapter kind of trailed off, but what can you expect? It was much better than how most books would end ('Beth and I lived happily ever after and everything went back to normal and I became a world wide celebrity blah blah'). I had a hard time putting it down, I wanted Charlie to finally be able to be free and I wouldn't stop reading until he was!

The best part of the whole book? The tunnel scenes. Right before Mike got hit, I was thinking, 'Wow, they never really let any main good characters die. The bad ones do, the good ones come close to, but- OH LORD NOT MIKE! I take back what I said, Klavan!! Let Mike live!' The fight on the ladder between Prince and Charlie? I felt like I was standing below them, cheering Charlie on.

All in all, a fantastic book series. I have a hard time finding good YA action books that don't revolve around love and only the good guys winning. Yeah, in the end the good guys won, but it wasn't always that way. Klavan did an amazing job creating the characters. At the end of the series I felt like i knew them all, experienced the whole thing with them and that, to me, is the quality only a great book (series) can hold.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Final Hour.

05/17/2012 page 58