Lady Raven RAVE!'s Reviews > Luck of the Draw

Mar 10, 2012

bookshelves: african-amer-urban

http://www.romancenoveljunkies.com for readers

BRIEF SUMMARY
Kennedy and Cherae was the closet of friends. On a girl’s night out with Kennedy, Cherae and Teresa, they met Julian. And with the luck of the draw Cherae becomes extremely jealous. With jealously, comes the test of friendship.

THOUGHTS

Why I hate this book, Cherae. Why I love the book, Kennedy. However, O.M.G! Cherae is trifling, trifling, trifling.. beyond words and the fact that she got good in the end has me so upset. But, I can't even get that mad, why, she was in the author's book Now You Wanna Come Back 2 and she was doing her thing. I'm so glad I read that book first; I am also shocked this is the same person I was reading about in Luck of the Draw because she was not a likeable character for me in this book. Julian and Kennedy's relationship was prefect and I love them together. But Julian, serve him right, for what he got for even attempting to think of another woman's ta ta. But I love him, it's good to see a grown man cry and show his emotions when he loves a woman. Kennedy was so soft when it came to her friendship with Cherae and it left me so frustrated. Teresa seems to be the only friend that was real.

I have to admit, you basically figured out how the story would unfold but how the story was told and the characters' actions and reactions added to the appeal of the story. Although this book was written prior to Now You Wanna Come Back 2, it was also good to see Kennedy and Julian entering into that story plot and reconnect with them.

P.S: I felt sorry-ish for Rona. I didn't get to know her to dislike or like her.

Length Kindle: 2998
Storyline: GOOD
Enjoyment: GOOD
Intimacy Level: GOOD

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Luck of the Draw.