Jessie (Ageless Pages Reviews)'s Reviews > The Nightmare Affair

The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett

Three stars because I am kind and merciful on Superbowl Sunday. There are some good aspects to this, but the execution left a lot to be desired, both in terms of plot and characters.

Review to come.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Nightmare Affair.

02/02/2013 page 45
12.0% "This is interesting, and I like the world being set up.. but I'm not blown away."
02/02/2013 page 110
29.0% ""Magickind started rumors about themselves in the ordinary world all the time, the latest example being the ordinary pop culture obsession with vampires as misunderstood victims who'd rather kiss a human than kill one. So not true."

Heh."
02/02/2013 page 285
77.0% "Sigh. I think I want to like this more than I actually do. The mystery is painfully obvious, the writing is flat, and the characters interactions don't really ring true." 2 comments

message 1: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Superbowl Sunday?

message 2: by Jocelyn (last edited Feb 03, 2013 01:59PM) (new)

Jocelyn Oh, sorry! Silly me. I know what it is now.

But...any particular reason why you're kind and merciful on Superbowl Sunday? :)

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews) Ha, no real reason. Just excited for the game and fun with family and friends. :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

yo 49ers losted!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll be excited to read your review

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews) Hopefully it will be up tomorrow, since I am off work and actually have some time to organize my thoughts. On the other hand..... Netflix. It lures me away from books way too often.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I keep telling The Oatmeal that I am too busy to play right now. We need to have International I Do What I Fucking Want Day.

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews) Ah, I frequently fall into an Oatmeal-wormhole when I venture over there. I go a long time without vising, then remember it exists and spend an embarrassing amount of time there.