Holly's Reviews > A Walk Across the Sun

A Walk Across the Sun by Corban Addison

F_50x66
Mar 10, 12

This is a really interesting book about the international sex trade. While the subject at hand truly is horrific, the author has managed to unfold it in a manner that allows the reader to absorb the chilling realities of it. We see the scenarios play out through two teenage girls swept into the sex trade and one man, in particular, who is trying make a difference and save them. The peripheral characters all contribute in interesting ways so that the reader understands all the differing viewpoints of the pimps and the middle people in the trade as well as the efforts worldwide that try to stop it. The author has done some extensive research to use as the basis for the book which really shows through and gives it strength. HIs characters are heartfelt and captivating. It's a very good book; tough reading at some points though very well crafted so that you can read it. It's a novel well worth reading...I want to give it a 4.5 but I will err on the side of higher rather than lower and give it the nod of a 5 in hopes that more people will read it and raise their awareness.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Walk Across the Sun.