GW's Reviews > Requiem

Requiem by Lauren Oliver

U 50x66
Feb 10, 13

Read from February 09 to 10, 2013

re·qui·em - (n) A mass for the dead.

What am I supposed to make of the title? I didn't even know what I was getting myself into while reading this book. I didn't know what to think with Pandemonium's major cliffhanger. I actually didn't reread the books before starting this - but a year has been a long time. I should have reread it, but I still got the whole effect. This book was good, but not the best of them all. Can't believe the trilogy has come to an end with this.

With the cliffhanger from the previous book, I expected a huge climatic beginning, but it wasn't. Don't worry though, there's still lots of action and adventure. I was hoping for a bit more drama and romance though. Lauren Oliver didn't manage to disappoint with the twists, and I loved those. There are always one or two twists that I can't predict, and it's awesome.

Even though I liked that the story was told from Hana and Lena's point of views, I was really hoping for Alex's voice. I didn't read any of the in between books so I never read Hana. I didn't connect with Hana's character in the past, but we learn a lot about her. She's a pretty complex character. Then again, if you think about it, all the characters in Requiem are much more complex than they appear.

By the end of this book, I can't believe that was the end of the trilogy. It wraps everything up. However, there are a few questions still left unanswered, but maybe that's how it's supposed to be. I was satisfied with the ending, but I'm still left wanting more. I wanted more romance, more action, more adventure, more everything! Even though the book did cover all those aspects, it doesn't seem like the Delirium series has come to a complete end...or has it?
20 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Requiem.

Alexa I agree, how could it even end like that?! As you said, there are so many questions left to be answered. I refuse to believe the series ends like that. I mean she could've at least given us an epilogue :( oh well. By the way, lovely review! :)

Karen I felt like it was unfinished too. Like I was waiting for something more to happen. I didn't understand how the rebels went from fighting the police to suddenly tearing down the wall unimpeded. Or how Lena's mom went from a manic-sounding mess to a freedom fighter.

message 3: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash Yeah I don't really get how they were fighting, Lena ran away, and then came back and the wall was being torn down. Did the regulators retreat or were they all dead or what...? Idek but it was overall good.

message 4: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cait I agree definitely not as much romance and action as the first two. I just finished reading this and I just feel like something was missing from the story. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great. I don't know.