Cat's Reviews > Storm

Storm by Brigid Kemmerer

I need the next book like I need air. This book is amazing! The characters are so well done and the story leaves you guessing at the end of every chapter.

First off, the brothers.
hot gifs Pictures, Images and Photos
Talk about fictional crushes. I had the mind set that I was going to go into this book and maybe just like one guy as a character, but oh no, Kemmerer wouldn't let me have that. All four brothers are just, what's the word I'm looking for... lovable? Likable? Well whatever the word, you just fall in love with them. By the end of this book I just couldn't NOT love all four. And they are all different, so each person can get their own cup of tea.
I love you guys Pictures, Images and Photos

Michael, the oldest brother who is the father figure, but isn't afraid to say what's on his mind and keep his 3 younger brothers in line. I kind of fell in love with him on the spot. He is level headed and knows how to handle pretty much every situation. Not to mention he has the dry humor I love.

Nick, like is element air suggests, is calm and always finds and keeps the balance in the family. He is the best guy friend type and puts others before himself. He is the perfect pair to his brother Gabriel, who's fire side seems to always leap off the edge and burn others. If your looking for the loving bad macho guy, you found him.

And finally, Chris. Water, stubborn, and my love->hate->love boy. He would be just the absolute best guy one minute and then the next I wanted to shake and yell at him. But in the end, I loved him as well.

Why are you just so lovable guys? Why!?

Becca, Sherlock: I Love You Pictures, Images and Photos
She is just what the doctor ordered. She is not a mary sue type or the "OMG! Hot boys, yes love me please." type. She gets stuff done and she is the strong female character that I know a lot of people have been looking for. Plus she is not perfect in the least, and she doesn't let that get her down for a second.

Hunter, LET ME LOVE YOU Pictures, Images and Photos
Why did you have to go and do what you did!? You were my favorite. I love you just so much, but GAH! I just don't know what to do with you. The second he showed up, I fell in love and he was just jadkfjasdlkdj! I love him, but the climax and the ending just left me conflicted with feels.

The ending of this book throws you for a complete loop. I mean I thought I knew how this book was going to go after the first few chapters, NOPE! I was wrong. I had to reread it so many times because I just didn't see it coming. I HIGHLY suggest this book for anyone to read. It keeps you on your toes and you really don't know what is going to happen next. I NEED the next one, like right NOW! D:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm.

Quotes Cat Liked

Brigid Kemmerer
“You're probably thinking I owe you my life."[Chris]
"No." she [Becca] snapped.
"Just sixty bucks."
"You charge for the hero act?" [Chris]”

Brigid Kemmerer
“Touch was funny like that. How one movement could choke you and kill you, but another meant nothing more than a caress and an invitation. How sex and rape were just a few motions apart.”

Brigid Kemmerer
“Good.” Michael wrapped his hand around the hilt.
Then he lifted it, cocked the hammer, and put the barrel against Hunter’s forehead. “Now where the fuck are my brothers?”

Brigid Kemmerer
“He half rose from his seat and reached across another student’s desk to drop the mangled paper clip in front of Tommy.
“Look, dude,” he said, his voice low and earnest. “You want to ask me out, you man up and do it proper.”

Brigid Kemmerer
“Look. Chris.” She dropped onto the bench again and gripped the edge of the table. “I’m not going to sleep with you,” she whispered fiercely, feeling her cheeks flush. “I’m not going to mess around with you under the bleachers. I don’t give hand jobs in the men’s room, or—“
“Wow. You like to get all this out of the way up front, huh?”

Brigid Kemmerer
“Casper, she said someone has to hold your leash.”
The dog barked.
Then he dipped his head, picked up the end of the leash in his mouth, and trotted after his master.”

Brigid Kemmerer
“Hey, little brother.” Gabriel came back through the door and flopped on the bed, drawing his legs up to sit against the wall. “Girls are more likely to stay if you don’t fight with them.”

Brigid Kemmerer
“If you want me to fix your homework, you need to leave me alone.” Then he spotted her. “You’re back.”
“Yeah.” She glanced between him and Gabriel. “You do his homework?”
“Just the math. It’s a miracle he can count to ten.”
“I can count to one.” Gabriel gave him the finger.”

Brigid Kemmerer
“So she doesn’t like the rain,” said Gabriel.
Nick smiled. “I kind of like the irony.”…
Chris sighed. “No one likes the rain.”
“You do,” said Nick. He flung the lighter back to his brother. Gabriel caught it. “Maybe we should put some money on it, see how long it takes Chris to get her wet.”

Brigid Kemmerer
“Nick smiled. “I kind of like the irony.”
“Jesus, you are such a nerd.” Gabriel flung the lighter at him.
“Stop using big words.”
“Five letters is a big word?”

Brigid Kemmerer
“So let me get this straight.”... “He threw the note at Tommy and then told him to fuck off? Or do I have it backwards?”
“I’m detecting some sarcasm.”
“And then got himself sent the principal’s office because he was ready to defend your honor?”
“Quinn.”
“Her friend waved a hand. “No, I think you might be on to something. This is clearly an elaborate plot to screw with you. He asks you out, he defends you from that meathead—what next?” Quinn’s eyes flashed wide in mock surprise. “Crap, Bex, do you think he will do something truly horrible like buy you flowers?”

Brigid Kemmerer
“She spilled your secrets,” said Quinn
“Yeah?” He sliced off a piece of chicken and glanced across the table. “What’s my name Becca?”
Busted. Becca wanted to melt into a puddle.
Quinn grinned. “You mean it’s not really New Kid?”

Brigid Kemmerer
“So…why is your brother mean to girls?”
“Because,” said Michael from the doorway, “I have three younger brothers who think it’s hilarious to parade jailbait through here on a daily basis.”
His tone was enough to make her glad she’d worn the pullover into the house. “No one told me there was a parade,” she said acidly. “And here I forgot my banner.”

Brigid Kemmerer
“To whom it may concern: I’m not involved. Honest. Hugs, Becca.”

Brigid Kemmerer
“So Chris hit him?” said Quinn, when they were getting close to the bleachers. “Jesus, I love when guys fight.”
“Yeah, it was great,” Becca returned flatly. “I should have made popcorn.”
“Seriously. When they’re all slow and tentative and circling, and then ka-pow, they just explode with power. It’s totally sexy.” …
Quinn grabbed her arm and dragged Becca along. “Come on. If they’re jerks, I’ll punch them.”
“Great,” said Becca. “It’ll be totally sexy.”

Brigid Kemmerer
“She hit him. Hard. Right in the face…
“Holy shit,” said Quinn. “Would it be wrong if I applaud?”

Brigid Kemmerer
“I shouldn’t have hit him.” She flexed her fingers. “My hand still hurts.”
Chris smiled. “Oh, no, I loved that part.”

Brigid Kemmerer
“Nick,” he said. “I think I’m going to need you to bite my arm.”
“I think I’m going to need you to run that by me again.”

Brigid Kemmerer
“Gabriel’s going to be pissed.”
It took Nick a second to answer. “Why?”
“He’ll have to break his leg so people won’t be able to tell you apart.”

05/30/2012 page 185
52.0% "Finally got my hands on this book. I am loving this book so far. The characters are just amazing."
05/31/2012 page 240
68.0% "These characters just keep getting better and better. D:"
06/09/2012 page 270
76.0% "God, I am so in love with the brothers right now."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat It is! I have just a few pages left and it is amazing!