Michelle Doerr's Reviews > Exploring Nature Around the Year: Summer

Exploring Nature Around the Year by David Webster

Mar 10, 12

bookshelves: children-s-literature
Read in March, 2012

David Webster did a great job designing this book for young readers! The activities, projects and science facts in this book will surely engage kids in reading it constantly. This is a non-fiction book for primary and intermediate children. I also think this a good book for advanced and adult readers because I re-learned a lot of things I had forgotten. I chose to pick up the summer season book because it is right around the corner and I am always looking for things to do at daycare. I’m excited to use activities out of this book which include making small rainbows, taking the temperature of things, studying leaves, and planting flowers. You can touch on so many subjects with this book so I think each season I will be renting one from the library! The illustrations compliment the text well. They help you see how an activity is done and show you what exactly you are looking for. I am so happy I discovered this book collection.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Exploring Nature Around the Year.