Lulu's Reviews > Fair Game

Fair Game by Patricia Briggs

Feb 06, 2013

Read from December 23, 2012 to February 06, 2013

1 like ·

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fair Game.

Chantal Halpin Loved this!

Lulu I'm looking forward to it. Love Anna and Charles!

Chantal Halpin Lulu wrote: "I'm looking forward to it. Love Anna and Charles!"

Me too - I love PB, she rocks!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought this was the best book in the series.

Lulu Tabitha wrote: "I thought this was the best book in the series."

I planned to start this, oh, like a month ago but then decided to wait until the price came down since it was only a few more weeks until the MMP edition was out and then the kindle price would drop as well.

Anyway, I totally loved it. I hope that we don't have to wait another year or two for another Anna/Charles book but it'll probably be worth the wait. Patricia Briggs is so talented.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Lulu Tabitha wrote: "I agree. The entire world and mysteries she writes are very good. I'm excited for Mercy's new book too. 1 month I think."

I still have to read Mercy Thompson. It's on the TBR pile but I haven't started it because I don't really like love triangles and I know I'm going to be pulling for the guy that doesn't win Mercy since I know him from Alpha/Omega. :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree about love triangles, but if you read Mercy you can find out about Sam and his HEA. I think you'd find that even liking Sam, like I do, you'll be wanting the right guy with Mercy. Believe me, there is a lot to love about Adam too. You find out in the first book how Sam really feels about Mercy, making the "triangle" a mere formality.

Lulu OK, good, thank you, Tabitha!

Now, the hard part. I've heard that a really bad thing happens to Mercy. Was it (view spoiler)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Not too graphic. PB books aren't highly sexual as you know. The after is heartbreaking. Each are blaming themselves and don't worry, there was no hopping into bed immediately after. Adam was great and Mercy slowly came around. It happened at the very beginning of Mercy choosing Adam, so there growing relationship was that more meaningful.

I was disappointed that PB used the same thing in her Alpha & Omega series though.

message 11: by Lulu (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lulu I hope the bad guy suffered and got what he deserved. And, yes, that has also been part of my hesitation. I can only take so much of that scenario. It's an over-used plot device.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

It's not central to Mercy or her personality...thankfully. Overall I would recommend the series if you like Briggs writing.

Chantal Halpin That bit made me actually cry and my hubby was so upset that a book made me cry that he wanted to steal and hide it!

However, it wasn't graphic or gratuitous and it wasn't anything like what happened to Anna. I think it may have been the best book in the series...or maybe Moon Called was, it has one of the best opening scenes I've read anywhere.

The Mercy Thompson series is the best wolf series around imho.

message 14: by Lulu (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lulu Chantal, thanks! Yes, it's on the TBR list so I will get to it when I have the courage lol.

Chantal Halpin Lulu wrote: "Chantal, thanks! Yes, it's on the TBR list so I will get to it when I have the courage lol."

Sorry - I don't mean to nag. I have to stop myself from forcing this series on people, although everyone has thanked me afterwards ;)

message 16: by Lulu (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lulu LOL, no worries, I appreciate the recommendation.

By the way, do you think we'll see more of Lizzie Beauclaire in future Anna/Charles' books? I was sort of wondering.

I also thought it was interesting that Anna briefly thought of finding a surrogate so that she and Charles could have their own child, and wondered if that might not be some kind of future storyline.

Chantal Halpin Lulu wrote: "LOL, no worries, I appreciate the recommendation.

I also thought it was in..."

I think there's a definite story arc building in this one - hopefully that means there will be lots more!