Dave Jones's Reviews > The Hiding Place

The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom

Mar 21, 12

bookshelves: biography, spiritual, ebooks
Read in March, 2012, read count: 2

I accidentally bought this book. Amazon had this deal that offered one of 50 Kindle biographies for $1. I quickly picked up the bio of Dietrich Bonhoefer. I then bought this one thinking that it was a $1. Apparently, the deal was limited to a single book.

However, I do not regret my purchase after all. This was the second time I've read this book. I can't even remember the decade I read it the first time! The story is just as inspiring as it was initially. the ten Boom family continue to demonstrate Christian service at its most heroic. Great example! Great life lessons. It puts my complaints and foibles in a proper motivational context.

This Kindle edition is an improvement over the paperback I read (an unknown number of) years ago. It has pictures that I don't remember being in the volume of my first reading. It definitely didn't have the timeline present in this edition.

A couple of minor things that could've made this Kindle edition even better: 1) an index of pictures 2) the ability to move a chapter at a time through swiping 3) X-Ray: This would've been a great book for the X-Ray feature.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hiding Place.