Samantha Janning's Reviews > Binding Arbitration

Binding Arbitration by Elizabeth Marx

Mar 22, 2012

I received my copy of Binding Arbitration by Elizabeth Marx via CLP Blog Tours. I was curious about the book because it is set in one of my favorite cities to visit – Chicago! It’s clear from reading and from chatting with Marx that she knows her around the city, and it was really fun to take away little tidbits throughout the book. The main character is Libby Tucker, an attorney and single mom whose son, Cass, is suffering from cancer. It seems the only man who can help save his life is his biological father – who Libby has not remained in touch with. Desperate to save her son, Libby contacts Banford Aidan Palowski, the man who left Libby and Cass behind to go on to pro baseball. Once Libby and Cass are reunited with Aidan, the true journey of self-discovery, forgiveness, and strength will be begin.

I thought Binding Arbitration was a pretty powerful book. I will say that I don’t think being classified as chick lit is quite correct. I was expecting a lighter read, probably pretty humorous, and it’s really not. The story of Libby and Cass and what they are dealing with is very deep, and I cried numerous times throughout the book out of sadness. I thought it was an emotional story but there were a lot of lessons to be learned throughout the pages. I did think it got to be a bit too long, there were a few times where I thought it could have ended but the story kept going, but overall, I really enjoyed the book and the journey I went on with the characters. Just be prepared with some tissues when you read!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Binding Arbitration.