M.'s Reviews > Taken by Midnight

Taken by Midnight by Lara Adrian

Mar 10, 12

WARNING! This book is nothing more than a filler. I didn't expect the romance between Brock and Jenna to be outstanding because I didn't really care for his character. It could be because Ms. Adrian never really gave us anything on him prior to his book. Granted, she never gave us anything about Kade either, but at least his personal drama involving his twin was compelling and there was the whole loose Ancient problem going on in his book.
There was enough material though to make Taken by Midnight remotely interesting with Jenna's mysterious implant. However, Ms. Adrian decided to focus only on the romance aspect and the general plot was pushed aside, making this one of the most boring books I came across in a long time.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taken by Midnight.

message 1: by Suz (new) - rated it 2 stars

Suz We are in agreement. With the implant and the time Jenna spent with the Ancient this could have been the most interesting of all the books and instead it was repetitive, insubstantial drivel.

She's got such imaginative skills for story telling in general, but this book was a miss.

Kimi gosh Jenna's being a complete bitch!

message 3: by M. (new) - rated it 2 stars

M. Oh Kimi, this books is so lame.

Kimi I surprisingly didn't dislike the second half as I did the first. I forgot to tell u that. I'm getting behind on my comments on here. I wish there was a mention feature that would send u a notification through the goodreads app when someone says something to you. =/

message 5: by M. (new) - rated it 2 stars

M. I usually get it my email.

Kimi I do too but I get too many emails lol and so sometimes I don't check them for a day and then I have so many.