Shawna's Reviews > About Last Night

About Last Night by Ruthie Knox

Mar 10, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: contemporary-romance, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, tattoos-piercings-body-art, hero-starchy-loosen-up-buttons-babe, heroine-badgirl-improper-scandalous, author-ruthie-knox-robin-york, hero-daddy-warbucks-wealthy, hero-darcy-paragon-haughty-staid, hero-mix-of-alpha-beta, hero-gentleman, hero-bedroom-bad-boy, hero-besotted-so-smitten-its-sexy, fake-faux-betrothal-engagement, hero-or-heroine-italian, hh-love-commitment-marriage-phobic, hh-disfigured-injured-scarred-ill, hero-titled-wealthy-lord, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, heroine-bad-reputation-fallen, heroine-free-spirit-quirky, heroine-i-wanna-bitch-slap-annoying, pregnancy-fertility-baby-kids-drama, hh-social-class-wealth-matters, hh-resist-cause-im-no-good-for-you, heroine-wishy-washy-whiplash-award, 2stars, 2013-reads, steam-3-hot, i-read-library, hh-across-the-tracks, hh-big-constant-misunderstandings, revenge-deception-secrets-lies, heroine-i-hated-nearly-ruined-book, hh-bad-communication-conflict-mgmt, hero-sexy-suit-tie-wearing-bad-boy, hype-expectation-letdown, fake-pretend-dating-relationship, heroine-tattooed
Read on July 22, 2013

2 ½ stars – Contemporary Romance

This is one of those reads that most of my GR friends loved but was a big disappointment for me. The heroine was seriously annoying, the hero didn't really do much for me, and I didn't feel much of a connection between them other than opposites attract sexual chemistry, which even that wasn't very convincing.

Maybe my expectations were too high, but sadly, this didn't work for me. I loved the premise, but it just didn't develop or deliver the way I'd hoped.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read About Last Night.

07/20/2013 marked as: library-to-order-soon
07/21/2013 marked as: read
07/21/2013 marked as: to-read
07/21/2013 marked as: library-ordered
07/22/2013 marked as: read

message 1: by GeNette (new) - added it

GeNette I try to read this book two different times. I don't know what it is but the story was lacking something.

Shawna I was hoping it would be similar to Sarah Mayberry's Her Best Worst Mistake by Sarah Mayberry, which I loved, but it failed in comparison.

Kristen Nice and honest review, Shawna. We all have those books that everyone loves but us. :)

Shawna Thanks, Kristen! Yep, hype happens, LOL!

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Awwww. Too bad it didn't work out for you. Sometimes, it happens. *pat pat*

Fani *loves angst* Shawna, I had the same feeling about this with you; just can't get what all the hype is and why the hero would work so hard to win that heroine is beyond me *shakes head*

Shawna Thanks, Anna! At least I got it from the library!

LOL, Fani! I agree about the heroine, but the hero wasn't all that appealing to me, either.

Karla Well said Shawna!