Amber at Fall Into Books's Reviews > ReVamped

ReVamped by Ada Adams

Apr 11, 12

Read from March 10 to 30, 2012

Adams has created a wonderful world that's full of suspense, danger, and romance. ReVamped is an intelligent alternative to many of the YA books out there today, and it is a refreshing and unique take on vampire lore. It did remind me a tiny bit of the Sookie series, but I love that series, so I am okay with that. The characters in this book are well-developed, the plot is intriguing, and there is plenty of action. This book flies by. I read it all in one sitting, and I cannot wait for the sequel!

Dawn as a fantastic character. She was smart, funny, and kick-ass. She could take care of herself and didn't rely on some man to save her or make her happy. I really liked that about her. She was a bit naive, but it was endearing instead of annoying. She never came off as stupid, just inexperienced. Sebastian was also an interesting character who grabbed my attention. I always love the emotionally damaged, abrasive bad boy with a heart of gold. I loved Ethan, too, and he was super brave and a really fun character, but I still like Sebastian the best.

The plot is a bit political at times. Not that Adams is shoving her political beliefs down your throat, just that a lot of it has to do with politics and the vampire president's (Dawn's dad) political problems. This novel assumes that you have enough brain cells to follow what's going on and keep up with everything. It keeps you guessing and doesn't simplify anything. It's not overly complicated, but it's not straight forward and easy to predict either. I really loved that about this book. The pacing was spot on and I never felt like the book lagged in any way.

The action is intense. Dawn kicks a lot of ass, and I was kept on the edge of my seat for most of the novel. There are so many twists, turns, and surprises that I was also kept guessing the entire time. I really enjoyed this book, and I can't wait for the sequel. It's hard to believe that Ada Adams is a debut author, because this novel is fantastic!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read ReVamped.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh (new) - added it

Leigh I loved the review! I will add it to my TBR list!