Sandra's Reviews > I Hear Voices

I Hear Voices by Gail Koger

May 20, 12

bookshelves: ebooks, favourites, pnr-uf, gail-koger, challenges-2012, own
Read on October 07, 2012, read count: 3

This was a ★★★★1/2 read for me and I've rounded up.

I love how Gail incorporates her local knowledge of Arizona in this story, I felt like I was there, along with the heat and the flies :)

Our kicka$$ heroine Zelda Dragos (love the name) is an unemployed psychic and demon slayer and finding it tough to make a buck in this economic climate, when she chances on a story of Montezuma's gold and just knows it is hers.

The only drawback is the hero, Derek Sloan, ex-Navy Seal Commander and CIA operative. He found the link to the treasure and wasn't happy when the Mexican government appropriated the medallion. Our intrepid adventurers meet at the Museum, both intent on stealing the medallion.

Both have coooooll electronic toys, crazy relatives, lots of secret contacts, lots of stamina, plus Zelda has her ghostly Grandma to assist her.

This story has everything. Kidnapping, repeatedly, an Apache warrior, Aztec myths coming to life, Godiva chocolate, James Bond style action, laughs aplenty, Lear Jet, more chocolate, bikers, helicopter crash, Excalibur and Knights, Hummers flipping, and a heroine who laughs at handcuffs and seriously crazy relatives.

Gail is an autobuy for me, as all her stories are exciting, HEA, very funny, kicka$$ heroines, alpha males who underestimate the good gal at the beginning but love how strong their mates really are, by the end.

I'd love a sequel, Gail, you listening?

Now we just have to wait for Vexing Voss, #3 in the Coletti Warlords series.

An ARC of this story was provided by the Author, for a free and unbiased review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Hear Voices.

05/01/2012 page 209
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sandra I've finished reading I Hear Voices but I'm going to read it again before I decide whether 4 or 5 stars :)
Great work Gail!

Rosebud sequel is mandatory. Told you not to read this too fast or soon as waiting for Voss's book will make it harder. Nice points Sandra

Sandra Thanks Rosebud :)

I agree, this story demands a sequel!

Trina I'm only recently been introduced to Gail Koger and love her kick-a$$ heroines. Now if only I can find where to buy this book!!

Sandra Trina, Whispers Publishing closed, so Gail is getting her book rights back but it may take a little while.

Trina So that's why I couldn't find it anywhere! Thanks for the update Sandra.

Sandra No worries Trina, just glad you enjoy her as much as I do :D