Katrina Burchett's Reviews > Living Consequences

Living Consequences by Brittney Holmes

Aug 03, 2008

bookshelves: books-i-own, young-adult, christian-fiction
Read in May, 2008

Nevaeh & Ronald, Shimone & Marques, Sierra & Corey... Three young couples share good times and, with God's help, work through the bad times.
A commitment to abstain from sex until marriage is tested. A choice to have sex results in pregnancy, and now two teenagers, who are nowhere near ready for the responsibility, are going to be parents. And promiscuity leads to a diagnosis no one would want.
I started reading this book last night, and I couldn't wait to finish it today. There was something that happened in the story that I thought was highly unlikely, but the characters are believable, and the issue of teen sex is tackled in a realistic way. I was proud of Nevaeh, entertained by Shimone and felt for Sierra from the beginning to the end. I rooted for Ronald as he worked through his issue, was so glad Marques took responsibility for his actions, and just plain liked Corey.
Living Consequences is a good read, and there are important messages for young people and adults in this story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Living Consequences.